SMART always uses the currently-configured medical director for all insurance billing. It’s important that all pending billing is completed before configuring the new medical director.
To change Medical Directors
Click Gears >Settings > User > Select exiting medical director > uncheck Director > click Save
To add new Medical Director select new medical director > Enter NPI > Select Licensure Level > Check MD > check Doctor > check Director > click save.
This will configure the new medical director for all future billing.
To back-bill or re-bill, the medical director who was in place at the time the services were rendered will need to be re-set.
1) Uncheck the “Director” box in the current medical director’s settings.
2) Check the “Director” box for the previous medical director.
3) Perform needed back-billing and re-billing.
4) Uncheck “Director” for the previous medical director.
5) Check “Director” for the current medical director.