SMART Version 4.1.8 / 4.1.9 Improvements
Flexible Medication Management
This update to SMART represents more than simply the addition of new medications to the software, it represents a fundamental change in the way the application “thinks” about medications.
This change provides far more flexibility in the types and dosages of medications that can be delivered and puts control of those medications in the hands of the clinic.
Flexible Medication Billing
Along with the new medication flexibility, we have also extended the billing function to specify which medication types should be included for Medical Administration billing as well as the fee-for-service details for each medication type on an individual carrier basis.
Security and Performance
This update provides a tremendous step toward complying with more stringent security and privacy regulations. Previous platforms no longer meet the more stringent HIPAA HITECH requirements leading SMART to build 4.1.9 on a newer, more secure Java platform.
In addition to meeting compliance, it also delivers improved performance across a number of areas.
In previous versions of SMART, the process of migrating database information between versions was a largely manual process performed through a series tools developed by SMART.
Our new Database Manager is a much more robust and comprehensive solution allowing for a more flexible approach to database management/migration and provides better control over the process along with more detailed logging for analyzing the results.
A Sample of Resolved Issues:
- Aging reports no longer include adjustments in the “Unapplied Payment” column.
- The software can now process 835 and 271 files with varying delimiter values.
- An issue has been fixed wherein a patient whose medication type had changed could not be given more than 16 take-home doses.
- The Edit/Correct Fact Sheets” functionality has been modified such that only Fact Sheet Update services are displayed. Any modifications to Assessment services will need to be completed through Case History to ensure signature encryption is not compromised.
- Additional detail has been added to clarify which episode(s) need to be associated with the fact sheet for state reporting. Reporting now selects episodes/changes correctly.
- Transportation Claims for a carrier other than the one the user selected no longer appear on the Produce New Claims screen.
- Several drop-down menus throughout the application which were being truncated now display the full content of the options available.
- In the Assessment DPH Required tab, the zip code for “last permanent address” now saves correctly when the user clicks “Save Complete”.
- “View Query Response Details” and “View Rejected Acknowledgements” screens for MA DPH now correctly display data.
- Billing institutional claims without a rate code now functions correctly.
- A problem has been corrected with Starting Day wherein the software would freeze at “Determining Patients Expected” preventing the dosing of patients who receive only one take-home across a holiday.
- The ESM # is now loading correctly in the patient’s Demographics.
- This change also provides the following:
- Insures the ESM Client ID assigned by DPH is displayed in the State Client ID field in the Patient Demographics once it is received
- Allows users to search for a patient using the State Client ID
- Insures that all checks for required data are looking in the appropriate place for the State Client ID to eliminate invalid error messages.
- Insures that the State Client ID is inserted as the Recipient ID for DPH Coverages once it is received.
- Required signatures on Assessments can now be specified by program.
- Use of a Touch Screen for signatures prevented a user who has a digital certificate from using it. The system now allows the use of digital certificates and Touch Screen signatures.
- Denied services were incorrectly being reported as a second, duplicate invoice. This has been corrected.
- Custom signature function is now working properly without Author signature.
- When attempting to implement MADPH reporting, the combined Parent Organization and Sub-organization codes were too large for the data field. This has been fixed.
- Logging improvements have been made to MADPH functionality to better troubleshoot issues.
Version 4.1.9 Overview Video